Friday, November 18, 2011
Parents Taking Charge in Education Presents: Healthy Eating Habits - Make it a Family Affair by Mrs. Dorothy Barron
Parents Taking Charge in Education
Healthy Eating Habits - Make it a Family Affair
by Mrs. Dorothy Barron
Healthy eating habits are good not only for kids, but all family members. 6 tips for eating healthier and getting in shape:
· Many healthy foods can be cooked in a variety of ways – baked, broiled, grilled, steamed or simply eaten raw
· Experiment with herbs and spices – the key is to allow all the wonderful flavors to mix and blend
· Try different foods prepared in different forms or dishes
· If Desserts are part of the meal - do not forgo them; moderation in both preparation and serving sizes is the key. Besides, there are many low-calorie, great tasting desserts to choose from.
· At the end of the meal, quickly put away left-overs; do not head for your favorite chair - keep moving.
· Take a stroll around the block or down the street. Eventually, the kids will want to traipse along and you can make it a family affair. Besides, walking is not only good for the physical, but mental being as well.
Little changes can make a difference
Here’s to Healthy Eating Habits - Make it a Family Affair!
These Parenting tips have been brought to you by
Parents Taking Charge in Education (PTCnEd)
Mrs. Dorothy Barron, Founder
Parents Taking Charge in Education http://mrsdbarron.blogspot.com
Posted by Mrs. Dorothy Barron at 8:47 AM